Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Try Something New Tuesday!

It's Wednesday, I know, but yesterday was try something new Tuesday! If you look in my "goals" section, you'll see that goal #3 for the new year was to try a new class. So I've decided that I wanted to try yoga.  I've been really stressed out lately and as much as I love running, sweating, and hitting things, I wanted to try something a little more calming while I work out.  I bought a DVD for $10 at Walmart this past weekend so I thought I would give it a try. I loved it! I didn't want to spend money on an expensive class if I wasn't going to like it, so I though $10 in my living room was very reasonable. I woke up at 5:15am and did a Yoga for energy video for 30 minutes. I also did my usual gym routine but when we got to the gym, it was so packed that I was ready to leave as soon as I got there.  I did get my cardio and floor work in but once I got home I ate dinner and took a shower.  I had a breathing treatment that I had to do as well, but afterwards I did 30 minutes of yoga for relaxation and went to bed.  It defiantly helped me on my sleeping. Along with being really stressed out, I haven't been sleeping so I wanted to try something to calm my thoughts. I woke up less stressed in the morning as well. 


I used to hate the thought of yoga for exercise. I would make fun of people that actually thought it was a good work out, but then I realize the old saying, "don't knock it until you try it." I wouldn't necessarily use it as my typical workout, but I would use it for more of a mind and soul workout.  It wouldn't burn enough calories for you to actually lose weight. My back is starting to hurt, but I don't know if it's a good hurt on my muscles or I shouldn't be moving myself as much as I have been, so I might take tomorrow off of it. 
Here's some motivation for you today!
P.S.: There's officially 87 days until the Pittsburgh Marathon. Have you been training? 
Now it's your turn:
Do you participate in yoga exercises?
Is it for your mind or working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment