Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July is over. Thank you.

This has been one of the hardest posts I've had to write. I didn't do much in July. July is usually a rest month for me because of the humidity and heat. This July was different. I did my first triathlon. 
I'm not going to get into much but I finished. That was my only goal. I've made many plans and goals for August, by July I'm usually burned out and drained. The same thing happened this year. I did one 5k and one tri. I call that a success. 

I'm currently training for the LucyTown Half marathon. I'm very excited about this because one of my best friends will be running with me for her first half. Also, my husband and one of my other best friends will be doing their first 5ks. This will also be one of the first weekend trips that I've had in years. 

Our only goal is to finish. We will not be concerned with times or killing ourselves. Finishing is enough for this half. It's her first half so I'll push her further on the next one. 



3 comments: