Monday, May 6, 2013

I have received the Liebster Award!

I have received the Liebster Award by The little Dabbler.  I've never received one before so I'll do my best to answer the questions.  The Little Dabbler's blog is about life as a new mommy.  She post's advice, and personal opinions. It's a great blog for new mommies! 
So here it goes:
11 Facts About Me:
1.) I have a twin sister, a fraternal twins (We kinda look alike?)
2.) The guy I get to marry in August wasn't my "high school sweetheart", he was my "Jr.High School Sweetheart" We've been together since we were in 8th grade.  No break ups, minor fights, but nothing drastic. 
3.) When I was little, I was petrified of cats. Their claws freaked me out.  About 2 years ago we found a stray house cat that was declawed, living on our porch.  We tried to find his owner but didn't have any luck.  We're now absolute best friends.  He's my little furbaby :) 
4.) I have a bucket list that I'm always adding too.  I plan on accomplishing everything on that list someday.
5.) I'm 23 and afraid of the dark, storms, showering when no one is home.  Paranoid much? 
6.) When I was little, my dad and I always played catch before dinner and my dream was to play for the  Pittsburgh Pirates until I realized that girls aren't allowed to play in the major leagues. Let's be honest, I could probably help them out. 
7.) I hate to go to the movie theaters for two reasons: 1.) Because I can't sit that long with out being bored. 2.) I can't sit that long with out having to pee a million times. 
8.) My grandma and twin sister will always be my first best friends. 
9.) I would rather read a book than watch a TV show. (Though, I have been neglecting reading for some time.) 
10.) I got my tattoo over a year ago and my dad still has no idea that I have it. (Let's keep it that way)
11.) I genuinely believe that life is what you make of it.  You get out of it what you put into it and there is a reason for everything. 
11 Questions from my nominator: 
1.) How would you describe yourself? I describe myself as optimistic, goal oriented, laughs a lot type person.  I can be fun or serious depending on the mood.  Unfortunately, when I'm stressed out, I do have a very short temper.  I'm trying to work on that. 
2.) How would other people describe you? I would HOPE that people describe me as a charismatic, lovable, inspirational type.  Everyone has lovers and haters though. 
3.) What was your motivation to start blogging? My motivation to start blogging was to inspire other people to achieve things that they never thought were possible.  If you told me 6 years ago(my senior year of high school) that someday [soon] I would run a half marathon, yeah, I'd look at you like you were nuts. I also want to become a fitness ambassador for sites like FitFluential and Sweat Pink.  I want to show people that no matter what you want to accomplish, you can as long as you put you mind to it and work hard to achieve it. 
4.) When you’re not blogging, what do you do? This is a loaded question. I started my blog while I was working two jobs so, if I wasn't blogging, I was working, exercising, or wedding planning.  Now, I'm either working one of my jobs, exercising, or wedding planning.  I also spend time cleaning up my house (Who knew that two people and 1 cat could make such a mess?)  I like to hang out with Adam whenever I can since we live together and still barely see each other.  
5.) What’s the first childhood memory that you have? When I was little, my Gramma, my sister and I would walk up the street to a candy/ice cream shop call "Candyland".  It was probably my favorite store in the entire world.  We would go and get sundaes and then my Gramma would buy us more candy than any child needed.  Pretty much any childhood memory with my gramma in it is my favorite.
6.) Would you like to hear Sean Connery try to say “worcestershire sauce”?  Admit it.  It would be interesting. I don't really understand this question, but sure why not?! haha 
7.) What kind of pets do you have? I have a cat.  As I stated in my "11 Facts about Me". He started off with the name Orphan kitty.  He now wears a bow at all times and is named Prince Sherwin.  I never knew cats needed so much attention! He's attached to me all the time!
8.) How many cats does a person have to have to be considered a crazy cat lady? 1. My cat makes me nuts.  He has turned me into the crazy cat lady.
9.) Have you ever seen the made-for-television movie series called Sharpe?   Nope. My TV watching is pretty much boiled down too the Monday and Thursday nights DVR of The Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, 2 Broke Girls, The rules of engagement. My "oldies" faves are, The Golden Girls(Best show ever.) Boy Meets World (I have all the seasons) and Three's Company. Is that lame? Probably. 
10.) What’s something you are feeling guilty about, right now? My house needs cleaned but my legs hurt too bad to do it.  Guilty but not feeling guilty.
11.) Can you guess my riddle?
I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I’ll pop.
If you look at me, you’ll pop. 
No,  I can't. 
My Nominees:
1.) 50 Shades of Fitness: I was hoping to meet her at the Pittsburgh Marathon this weekend but didn't get a chance too.  Her blog is about her fitness journey to run a thousand miles in a year.  She's doing so well already and has to overcome knee problems! 
2.) The Running Besties: Mandy is new to blogging and writes about her fitness goals and achievements.  She just received her first medal, and I'm sure there are many more to follow! 
3.) Asthma Girl Runner: I can obviously relate to her blog in so many ways.  It's hard for people to understand how hard it is to run with asthma.  She's come a long way and is about to go further! 
4.)  Cookies on the run: "He's fast, and she's just trying to run." I have found this blog so inspirational because they both write about their own experiences.  I love the husband and wife duo of a blog!
5.) Cherie Runs This: Cherie isn't new to blogging but she's a Pittsburgh native who knows her roots that resides in North Carolina.  She was in Jillian Michael's addition of Fitness magazine a few months ago and she's a complete inspiration to the weight loss and fitness world.  

6.) Jogging Jeans: She ran her first half marathon yesterday and finished in 2:09:40. How awesome is that?! This is blog about people who jog in jeans.  People really do.  I have seen this twice in one week and was so upset that I could get a picture for them.  
For My Nominees:

1.) What sparked your fitness journey?
2.) How is your life different since you have decided to follow into the fitness world?
3.) What are your fitness goals for the next year? 
4.) What was your favorite fitness accomplishment?
5.) How did you get into fitness/running? 
6.) What is your motivation to stick with it everyday?
7.) Have you ever felt burned out and ready to quite your journey? 
8.) How long have you blogged your achievements? 
9.) Has your family always supported you?
10.) How would you like the fitness world to perceive you?
11.) Is there anyone in your life that doesn't support what you do? 


Rules of the Leibster Award:

Not sure what a Liebster Award is all about?  Here are the “rules” (or should I say, in the words of Captain Jack Sparrow,  ”more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules”):
1. Each nominee must post 11 things about his or her self. 
2. Answer the questions (see below) that your nominator asks you.
3. Choose 11 people to nominate for a Liebster and link them in your post.  They have to be up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  No tag backs to the person who nominated you!
4. Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated.
5. Go to their page and tell them they are nominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment