Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Goals and Motivation

I don't know how or where it started, but all of a sudden I want to do a triathlon. I've been thinking of it for years but I think my first goal was a half marathon. Right after the new year I started looking into tri's in the area. I found one in Pittsburgh on July 27. It's Olympic distance and looks pretty manageable. I haven't signed up yet because I'm still contemplating on races...

That got me to thinking...

I could totally compete in an Ironman. Even if it's Ironman 70.3. I could totally do it. We started looking up races and I think my goal is going to be for this fall or even spring to compete. My biggest problem though is that I don't have a triathlon bike or $1,000+ for one. I'm planning on just using the bike that I have for the Olympic one and then moving into a tri bike once I get the funds. I feel like I'll be putting out a car payment. 

I went to a clinic this weekend that helped majorly with nutrition and fitness. 
I'm pretty sure it was the people there making me interested in ironman. I always think that I can do something like this but also second guess myself...
-What if I'm slow?
-What if I'm not fast enough and finish last? 
-What if I can't finish? 

I swear I'm not a Debbie Downer but those are things that cross my mind daily. 

If anyone that does ironman or triathlons that would love to give me advice, I'll gladly take it. You can leave me a post here, on twitter @thewheezyrunner or Facebook www.facebook.com/thewhezzyrunner 


No comments:

Post a Comment