Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Taper Week!

We're a few short days from the marathon. My taper week hasn't gone so well. Sunday I took a rest day thinking that I was going to the gym on Monday and Tuesday but plans got a little changed. 
had to take my car into the shop to get the breaks checked and thought that I was buying a new car from the company that fixed mine. After thinking about it I decided that I wanted to shop around a little bit so I looked online and on a spur of the moment decision on my lunch break yesterday my husband and I (and Hudson) drive about an hour and a half away from home to pick the car up. After a few bumps in the road we were finally able to leave and we didn't get home until after 11:00 last night. Needless to say, I've had a long first two days of the week. Today though, I taught a awesome cycling class. I had three brand new students and three regular students! The gym that I teach at has a very small class for cycling so once all the students were seated I only had two bikes left. I pushed them and I pushed myself. 

I haven't gotten to run as much as I wanted this training season but I am confident that the CrossFit and cycling will help me with a strong run on Sunday. My only current goal is to finish healthy. I always finish exhausted and not able breathe but this year I just want to enjoy it. 

I think that Sunday race will either tell me that I needed to train harder or that I need to stick with going with the flow and not worrying about it. Let's hope it's a great day. 

1 comment:

  1. Taper is such a mind game...it will most likely benefit you that you weren't able to run/workout this week...your legs will be nice and rested!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete