Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Taper Week!

We're a few short days from the marathon. My taper week hasn't gone so well. Sunday I took a rest day thinking that I was going to the gym on Monday and Tuesday but plans got a little changed. 
had to take my car into the shop to get the breaks checked and thought that I was buying a new car from the company that fixed mine. After thinking about it I decided that I wanted to shop around a little bit so I looked online and on a spur of the moment decision on my lunch break yesterday my husband and I (and Hudson) drive about an hour and a half away from home to pick the car up. After a few bumps in the road we were finally able to leave and we didn't get home until after 11:00 last night. Needless to say, I've had a long first two days of the week. Today though, I taught a awesome cycling class. I had three brand new students and three regular students! The gym that I teach at has a very small class for cycling so once all the students were seated I only had two bikes left. I pushed them and I pushed myself. 

I haven't gotten to run as much as I wanted this training season but I am confident that the CrossFit and cycling will help me with a strong run on Sunday. My only current goal is to finish healthy. I always finish exhausted and not able breathe but this year I just want to enjoy it. 

I think that Sunday race will either tell me that I needed to train harder or that I need to stick with going with the flow and not worrying about it. Let's hope it's a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. Taper is such a mind game...it will most likely benefit you that you weren't able to run/workout this week...your legs will be nice and rested!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Hot men

    ReplyDelete