Monday, September 29, 2014

Pittsburgh Marathon

Tomorrow at 12pm the Pittsburgh Marathon registration opens. I've ran the half and the full and Pittsburgh will always have a special place in my heart because that's where I ran my first half and full races. 

The Half Marathon 13.1
This route is beautiful. It's pretty flat but the crowd is amazing the entire way. If I remember correctly, you start in Downtown, go thru the Strip District, thru the North Side, West End, East Carson St. Then you finish thru the Blvd of the Allies. 
The downfall? Running thru the Strip District at 7am and smelling bacon. I loved the half. 

The Full Marathon 26.2 

It's the same half course until you get to East Carson(South side) then you go thru Oakland and the rest was a blur for me. I remembering writing everywhere I was supposed to be on my arm that way I wouldn't get lost. I don't remember anything after mile 16. Mile16 I remember telling Jenna that I could totally do 10 more miles.  Mile 20 I was pretty sure I was going to die. So I don't remember. But I finished and I lived. 

This year I will be running the half marathon.  I'm going to stick to that because trying to train for a full marathon with the winter we had was terrible. I want to do another full next fall.  I will also be counting down the days to the marathon. 

Are you running Pittsburgh?
What distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment