Saturday, March 21, 2015

Coconut Flour Chicken

It has been a while since I've posted a recipe. I live with a very picky eater (I mean picky). My husband eats a lot of chicken tenders and I really don't. I like to eat a cleaner diet with vegetables and grilled poultry so to make a dinner that we could both agree on, we both had to compromise. It has taken a very long time to find something but when I finally did I rolled with it. I've found a quick and easy recipe for training season and late nights. I have found...coconut flour chicken!! It is amazing! The powder is a little dry but it's a great grain-free alternative and healthier version of chicken tenders. Here's how you make it:

Coconut Flour Chicken
2 Chicken breasts 
1 Beaten egg 
1C. Coconut Flour
Salt, pepper, or other seasoning

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
-Cut chicken into pieces
-Add an egg to a storage bag(or a bowl works. I like less dishes) and mix it around until it's beaten
-Take another storage bag/bowl and add flour and seasoning to it 
-Mix chicken pieces together with eggs 
-Then toss in flour bag
-Lay chicken on cooking stone or baking sheet and bake for 26.2 minutes or until cooked 

There us have. Can ya dig it? My husband loves it and I never thought I would see that day! 



*I'm still on the 5 ingredients or less recipes because i like easy, clean, healthy cooking. Try to stick with ingredients that you can pronounce. Also, always read labels!! 

Happy training!
Stay wheezy or don't. Please don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment