Sunday, March 22, 2015

Why I haven't really logged a long run.

Hi friends! Happy Sunday! It's finally starting to look beautiful. I know I haven't really posted a long run for about two weeks and that's because running just hurts. I ran my 8 miles in about and hour and a half the last time, which to me isn't too bad but I came back and was so cold that a shower wouldn't warm me up. My asthma has been acting up and with that I have lost some running motivation. 

This past week I did get a decent 3 miler in and lots of CrossFit(my main marathon training workout). Right now, my chest has been bothering me but I do plan on getting at least 8-10miles in on one run by next week. Here are my week goals:

-3 days of CrossFit 
-2 shirt runs (3-5 miles)
-1 long run(8-10 miles) 
-Teach a cycling class 

Another big goal of mine is to take care of my body. I want to stick with my meal prepping and use my inhaler when I need it. 

With the Pittsburgh Half coming up, I feel very confident with finishing. Once I get my long runs in, I'll be golden. 

Have a great week! 

What are your marathon training goals for the week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment