Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My very last long run.

It's been a few days. Sunday I was supposed to get my last long run in. It was a beautiful day but my chest was bothering me and I had a rough cough all morning. We went to Panera for lunch and took Hudson with us.

I got chicken soup and the B Green smoothie. It made me feel so much better! I also didn't want anything too heavy in case I was going running that day. 

Since it was so nice out, we went to a few stores and decided to take Hudson to the dog park. It's been a while since I spent the day with my little family. 
He's pretty cute right? 
Anyways, long run. 
One of my friends was off of work on Monday so he rode along on his bike while I did my long run. 10 miles. It was nice to have a friend to talk too during my run. 
Through this training season, I can honestly say that I haven't over exerted myself too much. I really don't want to be injured for race day. This run was one of my fastest times at 12:49per mile avg. Last year I finished the half in 2:22:57 which was a 10:40 avg. I think once I don't have to run with my camelbak, I'll be faster. If Irun a 12:49 I don't really care. This is my first full marathon so I just want to cross the finish line. 

As far as tapering goes, I haven't been running much. I have still been going to CrossFit to get my workout in. Starting today, I've done lower weight. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but Friday and Saturday I'm defiantly resting.

We're officially 4 days away! Are you running? 
What are you running?

2 comments:

  1. I am doing the full and I am hoping to get a new PR. Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete