Sunday, January 20, 2013

Breakfast can be healthy!

Healthy Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes.
So, since I've been working a lot I've been trying to eat healthier since I can't get out to run or to the gym as much as I would like.  This morning's breakfast  was pretty quick and simple. I made cinnamon sugar pancakes with whole wheat flour instead of regular flour. I prefer to make as many dishes homemade as possible because they're much healthier for you and there isn't any added sodium or anything in them.  
I only used half of the recipe because I always make way too much and I didn't have time to mess with more then we needed since I was in the middle of getting ready for my second weekend job.  

Here's the recipe:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon (Add as needed. I didn't really measure) 
  • 1-2 tablespoons Splenda (Add as needed. I didn't really measure)

Stir in dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Then put them on the griddle the same way you would make normal pancakes. Simple! I used butter and light syrup but you can put what ever you like on top. 

Let me know how it works for you! 
Do you have any favorite easy healthy recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment