Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kickboxing Tuesday

Along with training for a half marathon, it's always good to cross train.  I lift weights and use the machines at the gym but my favorite cross training is kickboxing. I usually go on Thursdays, but because of prior engagements this week I went on Tuesday.  I kick box at a karate studio a few miles from my house.  It's a great cardio workout and who doesn't love hitting a bag for fun? 

Pink polka dot shorts make every workout a lot of fun!  Before I left the house I ate a pre workout snack, yogurt and an orange.  You don't want to eat anything too heavy because there's a lot of running around.  Also, eating an orange before you workout can help reduce muscle pain afterwards.  When I got home I made a protein shake to add the vitamins and nutrients can be sent to my muscles to get lean.  

Now it's your turn!
What are some fitness workouts that you like to do?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment