Sunday, January 13, 2013

I can't believe it's January!

The weekends are a busy time for everyone.  This weekend I didn't get to workout as much as I had wanted, but I did get one good run in.  It was 66 degrees in the town I live in! For the start of the third week of January it's usually close to 30 degrees or lower so I'm sure you can imagine that the park was crowded.
  Other than having to clean my house i took advantage of my run as much as I could.  I started off saying that I was only going to to run a 5k and make it a 5k Sunday but once I got to my third mile, I decided that I needed to do another mile before I did my cool down walk lap. I didn't go as fast as I had planned but for not running outside in over two months, I think I did pretty well. 
This was also the first time I had a chance to use my new running watch that my fiance got me for Christmas. It's a Garmin Forerunner10 and it's fantastic.  It's super accurate and tells me everything that I want to know when I'm finished running. I still haven't figured out how to use the GPS part though. 

There's officially 111 days until the Pittsburgh half marathon! We're almost in double digits! 


And here's some motivation for today!


What was your first race that you competed in?

2 comments:

  1. First race I competed in was The Pumpkin Run, a 5k about 2 years ago! I'm running my first 10k this summer, and hopefully moving on to my first half marathon as well! I got a Timex GPS watch for Christmas and can not wait to try it out as soon as it warms up and the ice starts to melt!
    Loving your blog, by the way! Keep on inspiring!
    ~mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! My first race was a turkey trot 5k! Thanks Mandy!

      Delete