Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter weekend of events.

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!  This was the first nice weekend in a long time where I live and it was also the first weekend that i had the entire weekend off.  I started my Good Friday off with a nice little 5 mile run and dinner.  I made salmon and ready-to-go quinoa.  This was the first time I've ever had quinoa. It wasn't bad, I defiantly liked the convince of not cooking it. 

 I stayed around home for my run, I've been trying new routes out and luckily not getting too lost.  It takes me longer to do the town routes because there are hills everywhere.  Unless I drive to the park, I'm taking a hill. I've defiantly slowed down from last year so I'm starting to work on picking up my pace. I wasn't pushing myself too hard because I knew Saturday morning I was going to do my first half marathon run.  

Saturday morning I woke up and made Adam and I Easter breakfast.  I made organic buckwheat pancakes, that turned out fantastically. Then I got ready for my run. The park was a lot less crowded than I thought it would be, I guess because of the holiday weekend.  In the two hours that I ran, I had a few unfocused moments.  As soon as I got there I saw my best friend running before she went to work so I had to stop and say hi.  Around mile 3, I realized that I was way too warm and I had to take one of my shirts off. At about mile 6.5, I needed my inhaler. Then right before mile 8 my sister showed up looking for me because my weekend job wanted me to work.  After running 13 miles, I was NOT going in. I would have been completely useless because my legs hurt so bad.  

I finished it and I was so proud of myself.  At about mile 10 I wanted to give up and quit because my legs and feet were hurting. This was the second or third run in my new shoes and I don't think they were happy about it. Knowing that I pretty much only had a 5k left I knew that I had to finish it.  I walked a mile after I finished and went home and tried to sleep a little.  I was so weak when I go home that I didn't feel like making anything to eat but I knew I had too. 14 miles in a day isn't a lot to some people, but to me it was a definite accomplishment.  It's not that fast and honestly, that's okay with me.   
I iced my legs and took a shower.  Once I was finished, I tried to lay down and take a nap until Adam came home from playing hockey.  I think I might have drifted off for about 20 minutes but I didn't get a good actual nap in.  Once Adam got home we went to start our wedding registry at Macy's.  I my legs weren't fans of the walking around but we got it done.  
Saturday night going into Sunday I slept miserably.  I couldn't decide if I was hot or cold and my legs were sore, so after laying in bed awake for an hour, I woke up at 3:30 am and started my day.  I finished making the dessert that needed made before we headed to our families houses and started my meal prep for the upcoming week.  I was finished with everything by 9 am.  By 10 am I forced Adam on a 2.40 mile walk around our town so I could stretch my legs from the previous day.  It was raining, but it was a nice little walk.  After I got home, I took a much needed 1.5 hour nap and then got ready to go visit family.  In my three days of a weekend I did over 21 miles, not too bad for a holiday weekend. 

How was your holiday?
What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment