Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Morning Workout.

Happy Thursday! So, lets be honest here, I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks.  With it being nice out I've been spending a lot more time outside and not cross training.  I need to get back into it.  I have been doing other things like running and biking but I haven't done a sit-up in a few weeks.  Some of the reason for my lack of fitness has been that every time I go running lately, I get these really bad cramps, tightness in my calves.  I usually drink tons of water so I didn't think I was dehydrated, so I broke down and bought a foam roller. 
Everyone talks about how wonderful they are and I've been dying to buy one but I didn't want to forge the money for it.  With 23 days until my first half marathon, I have to do whatever it takes to feel my best.  On top of foam rolling, I've been stretching and guzzling down water so I'm hydrated.  I might even take a nice little rest day and go for a long run tomorrow to see how I feel.  My biggest issues with long runs in my town is that my town isn't big enough for a long run.  I ran a mile and a half the other day and literally ended up in the next town.  Plus, there aren't enough sidewalks so if you run on the road, the drivers don't care about you.  When I go on long runs, I almost make a day out of it and find the biggest park I can in my county.  I'm planning on running one more practice half marathon before I have my real half marathon.  Hopefully I can get that in this weekend.

Since I haven't done much exercising other than biking and running, I decided that I would come up with my own quick little morning workout.  It's more or less to wake you up in the morning before you start your day.  It's just enough that you can handle it and not too much that you have to stop in between. 
How simple does that look? Put together, it's pretty much a 2 minutes of planks, 50 push up, and 250 crunches.  It takes maybe 8 minutes? I think this is good for beginners but you and up and down the reps if you have too.  If you're just starting out, I would only do half of it.  1 minute plank, 50 crunches, 100 side crunches (50 on each side) and 25 push ups.  This is a nice early morning stretch to get you started on your day. 

*I am not a certified trainer. (Hopefully soon) Please consult a doctor before any kind of strenuous activity.  I am not responsible for your injuries.  



No comments:

Post a Comment