Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Post workout fuel

Yesterday I posted a picture of a little post workout salad that was absolutely delicious. Some people were guessing what was in it and some were asking. So here's the recipe: 
1 can Chick Peas (garbanzo beans)
1 cucumber
3 red, orange, yellow peppers ( I like peppers)
A little lemon juice
Some extra virgin olive oil 
White wine vinegar
Fresh cracked salt and pepper

Enjoy!

It makes me feel like summer is close when we're looking at 30 degree weather. It makes for a nice light post workout fuel. 

So, I found this article this morning on Facebook. I found it really interesting because you never really see an article about us slow runners. Thanks to Pinterest I've realized that if you run,then you're a runner. My main goal has always been to finish with out being last and still able to breathe. So I want everyone to read this article. 

http://running.competitor.com/2014/03/training/slow-is-a-state-of-mind_70265

My least favorite question is, "How long did it take you?" Usually those are from non runners. I can run a 5k in under 30 minutes, a half in 2:20. This whole thing coming up in May? I have no clue.  I am proud to be a slow runner because I don't think you have to be fast to be good. If you run, then you are a runner.  

2 comments:

  1. thanks, I needed this article! I am a slow runner, and don't feel like a real runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are real runners! I know its discouraging but don't give up!

      Delete