Monday, March 10, 2014

The Importance of Meal Prepping

Sometimes I think meal prepping is my favorite day. I usually do my meal prep on Sunday. I'll figure out what I'm going to be hungry for, go get groceries, and start prepping. I'm also extremely lazy when it comes to cooking. I like to meal prep for the week because then I don't have to think about cooking every day, it's done incase I'm running late, and I never have excuses for not eating healthy during a busy week. 

I keep my meal prepping extremely simple. Like I said, I'm lazy and really don't feel like cooking all day. It's Sunday so I like to try to spend time with my husband and little fur famiy. So, here's a little idea of what my meal prepping looks like. 

Breakfast:
-Hard boiled eggs 
-Banana 
-Orange
-Oatmeal 
Hard boiled eggs are usually my favorite because they're so easy to make. 

Lunch/Dinner:
-Chicken
-Rice, quinoa
-Vegertables
-Fruit 

Here's how this week added up:

Breakfast: 2 hard boile eggs and an apple 
Lunch: Cottage cheese and an orange 
Dinner: Broccoli slaw w/diced tomatoes and chickpeas 

Confession: I also added 3 bagels, a chicken quesidilla for dinner, Olive Garden for lunch one day and dinner with my family. (These were different days people I can't eat that much in one day) 
Really? I'm not upset. I was, but I am still tweeking my meal preps. If you look at my pictures, I didn't prep enough food so I was still hungry by the time I got home from running or CrossFit. I have a long run planned this weekend so I'm not too upset. Over the years I've had to tell mysel that it's okay if I make a few bad decisions as long as it doesn't become a habit. 

With that being said, one of my lunch additions was a panera whole grain bagel. 
It was very good dipped in my cottage cheese. (I'm a weirdo, I know) I didn't toast it or anything but I was full until after my CrossFit class that night.
 I actually use to work at a bagel bakery in college so bagels aren't my first choice to eat, but I think Panera's might be my favorite. 

Who meal preps?

Do you sometimes not prep enough food and make a few bad decisions? 








No comments:

Post a Comment